Get ready to remove your head, grab some bombs, and step into the boots of Serious Sam’s most iconic foe, the Headless Kamikaze. Serious Sam: Kamikaze Attack! launched on Steam today!
It’s been 10 years since the original game came out on mobile platforms so what better way to celebrate a 10 year anniversary than with a fresh launch on Steam?
Things I did for the Steam version:
- Up-resed the textures so the graphics will look crisper
- Added Steam achievements
- Added trading cards / badges / profile backgrounds / emoticons
- Added semi-partial controller support (some of the controller buttons are set up to jump & dash)
- Added a few other keys and mouse buttons to make you jump & dash
- Remade all the particle FX because Unity deprecated the old particle system. I tried to make them as close to the originals as possible with some slight tweaks to make them look cooler
- Fixed a bunch of bugs and cleaned up some menus and UI stuff
It’s been super fun reviving an old game, especially one with a dedicated fan base and support from a publisher. Serious Sam: Kamikaze Attack! launched on Steam with a 34% discount, which puts it at just under $2 in the US. For more info and screens check out the presskit().
I’ll do an update with a few tweaks and bug fixes so that people with ultra-wide monitors can read the text on the end-level screen 🙂